Sunday, November 27, 2011

THAT'S A WRAP!!

Personally, I feel like it should be May/June yet, but considering the fact that I don't want to see a turkey or stuffing again for quite some time... that I have looked at more sale ads in the past 48 hours than I usually do in a year... and that my feet are still sore and swollen from 12 hours of Black Friday shopping...  I guess its time I get the hint that the holidays truly are here!!  Yeppers, we cranked the Christmas tunes... fought crowds in the wee hours of the morning... and got as much Christmas shopping done as possible on the notorious Black Friday.  It's historically one of my sister and my favorite days of the year!!!  Neither of us like crowds AT ALL, and we aren't always looking for specific deals, but there's something about the tradition of that day that we both look forward to!!  We shopped from early morning until early evening... when we were utterly exhausted... and had a car full of bags... that need.... TO BE WRAPPED!!

I get an odd sense of joy from repurposing something.   Using it for a purpose other than what it was made for.  When I walked past a potting bench a couple years ago, I instantly thought:  wrapping center!!  It did do a short stint as it's true self for one summer, but ever since I turned it into a wrapping center, it hasn't gone back to the garage.

To have a work surface at an appropriate height with all my wrapping supplies organized and within reach has made the task of wrapping enjoyable.  No more searching over and under everything for where I laid the tape or scissors only one second prior.  No more hauling everything out and then putting it away each time there are a few gifts to wrap.  No more sitting on the floor until your legs are numb or leaning over a low table.

A simple trip to the hardware store can do the same for you (if you happen to have an old potting bench around or can hunt one up).   A simple assortment of hooks and dowels... and you're ready to hang your gift bags, ribbon, and tissue.  Baskets, tubs, and containers that you have around the house can hold the loose objects like bows, name tags, small scraps of wrapping paper, extra tissue, ect.


So if you have a potting bench sitting in the garage... looking lonely now that summer has passed... consider cleaning the dirt off it and put it to good use for the season.  

Well, I'd better get going.  Got some wrapping to do!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment