Thursday, November 24, 2011

HE'S GOT.... PERSONALITY

Our Jesus.  That's who.

When I was thinking about the many blessings I have on this day set aside to do such things... I thought of how thankful I am in this past year to have made my walk with Jesus more personal.  Taking Him off the 2-dimensional stain glass window and putting into my daily life intimately has affected just that:  my daily life.  The more I search and read and get to know Him... the more I discover how amazing He was and is.  I am SO in the infant stages yet... which makes it all the more exciting.

I'm a huge fan of John Eldredge's books.  There are so many excellent authors out there, but his style of writing and how he sees Jesus spoke to me.  They have really played a role in helping me find that Sacred Romance with my God that I was missing.  ANYWAY, his newest book "Beautiful Outlaw" was just released in October.  It goes into the Bible, digging into the various stories we all know so well to get to something that seems to be overlooked often:  the personality of Jesus.  It's remarkable when you look the treasure trove of stories there and really look at HIM.  Why did He do things that way?? What does it say about who He was and still is??  There definitely were alot more boring and straight forward ways He could have done things... but He didn't.  Are we to learn something about His personality from that??  Dare say that's a distinct possibility I want to explore!!

It is said that if you want to know something about the artist... look at his work.  How can we believe that the artist of this amazing universe is so stiff?? unapproachable??  2-dimensional??  I have a dear friend whose spiritual walk I admire so much.  During one of our 4-hour discussions she said to me "I wish God had more of a sense of humor".  I said to her... "seriously, have you ever seen an alpaca?"  HA!!

Could it be that we're missing out on something so unspeakably beautiful... like falling IN LOVE with Jesus for more reasons than a ticket to heaven??  

If you have some extra time this holiday weekend and are interested, I'm attaching a link to the Ransomed Heart website.  The podcast for Beautiful Outlaw (called "Outlawcast") is right on the opening page:  www.ransomedheart.com.   It IS 1 hour and 38 minutes long, but I think you'll find it time well spent.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you... and thank you God for the endless bounty of information you have left for us to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment