Wednesday, November 2, 2011

PINK DOORS (... part 3)

Time to wind this 3-part series up.  Fast forward with me a couple weeks later.  I’m at the Captivating Retreat (www.ransomedheart.org) in the Colorado Rockies.  I was surrounded by 450 Christian women… and a bunkmate who I found out was NOT a Christian at that point yet.  She was searching… and was there at the suggestion of a friend.  On the final morning of the retreat, we bumped into each other at the coffee shop.  We were both there bright and early waiting for it to open when we started up a conversation on finding ways to help others.  She told me how she was involved in an animal rescue organization… and I began telling her about my opportunity to help Compassionate Heart with their dinner.  I told her about meeting these “kids” and how the blessed me so much.  As I told her the “wait for Easter, wait for Easter, it’s the very best part” story… a smile came across her face and tears rolled down her cheeks.

You see, my friends… it doesn’t matter if we don’t look like everyone else… or even if we do!! It doesn’t matter if our personality is a little more “colorful” than some… or if we are by nature quiet and reserved.  God NEVER once said “oops” when he created someone or something.  Scripture tells us quite the contrary:  “… and He said, it is GOOD”.   We were created and put here for a purpose… each and every one of us for HIS purpose.  FOR HIS GLORY.   To radiate His love to the world.  We are each unique by His design… and valuable.     

I have no idea why the connection was placed in my heart, but every time I drove past the pink door barn this summer on my way to the cottage, I smiled warmly inside. I have a new appreciation for it.  I love it now.  I see value.  I see uniqueness.  I see beautiful personality.  I see that young woman who made my Easter… who was SO willing and eager to share “the best part”.    

How will God use you??  He can, you know.  God used a freckle face little boy to take down Goliath.  He used a man named Moses who had a speech impediment to approach the mighty Pharaoh.  And he used a special needs young woman to touch a non-believer’s heart clear across the country. 

LET HIM. 

ASK HIM to use YOU… in your own unique way.   

In the special way He designed ONLY you. 

... Pink Doors and all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment