Friday, December 16, 2011

DAY 9 - Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!!

I have a Charlie Brown tree planted near my garden.  It was a gift from my dad who figured I'd like it because it was.... "unique" (to say the least).  Well, he figured right.  I love it.  Problem is, it didn't photograph well because it is a type of pine whose needles fall off in the winter.  Like I said... unique.  I was walking around my property and found this little guy who struck me the same way:  Charlie Brown tree.

You all know the story.... and can probably hum the background music perfectly.   Go ahead, get the music playing in your head.... I'll wait.  The tree that no one wanted.  The tree that wasn't like the more popular styles.  The tree that sagged sadly... until Charlie Brown chose it and loved it.  After first everyone mocked Charlie Brown for choosing such a tree... but finally the gang ended up circling it... decorating it joyfully.... and in the end, the tree stood tall.  (Sniffle, sniffle... pass the kleenex please).

We all probably know someone that fits that story.  Someone that doesn't have family/friends around for the holiday.  Someone that tends to be left out for one reason or another.

DAY 9:  spend a quiet moment reflecting on if you know someone like that.  Ask... and listen.  If a name comes to mind... GO WITH IT.  React on it!!  Pick up a little gift for them... and drop it off.    The best gifts to receive are the unexpected ones... and the best to give are those you get nothing in return for.

Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment