Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DAY 4 - PRESENTS & PRESENCE

I will shamelessly admit.... I LOVE presents.  Even though I've reached a point in my life where I certainly have everything I need and then some, I STILL am a kid at heart about presents.  I love looking at them, shaking them, pinching them and have been told I am annoyingly good at guessing them.

Today was a great day.  I got to spend one-on-one time with a few people who mean the absolute WORLD to me.  Two such people included a dear friend and my sister and yes, the visits included... you guessed it... PRESENTS!!  What fun!!  As I was having fun unwrapping the wonderful things these people had picked out just for me, it struck my heart how much more their PRESENCE meant to me than the PRESENTS.  Their presence in my life is... a GIFT... in and of itself.   

It's the same with my Jesus.  He has blessed me with so many good things, but His presence in this world saved my SOUL.  His presence in my heart saved my LIFE.   His presence... period... is the greatest gift I will ever receive.

DAY 4:  If you're following Christmas tradition by exchanging PRESENTS with those you love... take the time to let them know how much their PRESENCE means in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment