Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

I..... SO.... LOVE.... THIS.... GOD.... OF..... OURS!!!  He did it again.  He blows my mind!!!  Nothing major, mind you... but when you KNOW it's Him you just heard, it's amazing!!

Here's the deal.  I had been all excited to post during the holiday season, but have been feeling "blocked" lately.  Everything I sit down to write feels wrong.  And nothing's coming to mind.  What's up, God??  Nothing?? Now??  I was bummed.  I had even asked Him to give me something to write about this week... and got Ziltch.  Zippo.  Zero.  I was getting bummed.

After another failed attempt tonite, I set my computer aside and started dinner.  I was still bummin' about the block... when a few simple words came to my mind:  12 Days of Christmas.    "Yeah, great" I thought, "that would've been fun had I thought of it in time".   I dismissed it, feeling like Christmas was about HERE.  Another nudge came... "what's the date?".   I'd been so busy lately, I actually had to think about that.  The date... hhhmmmm... let's see.... it's the 13th.  Okay... the 13th.  Wait... that's exactly 12 days before Christmas!!!

Man, I love our God.  He's so playful.

So... let's follow the nudge.  Let's do 12 Days of Christmas.  Nothing fancy.  Nothing long.  Let's just enjoy the next 12 days of preparation.  Short ideas.  Simple thoughts.  Questions to ponder.  Songs to inspire.   Recipes to bring.

DAY 12:


Here's an idea that has become a tradition for me with my annual Christmas party (or "The Gala" as my friends have deemed it).  Instead of them bringing an appetizer or hostess gifts... ask them to bring food for your local food pantry!!  It's a great feeling to be able to celebrate the holiday with friends/family... and when they leave, there's a small mountain of food for someone ELSE to have a holiday feast as well.  

If you aren't hostessing a party yourself... then how about writing a note in lieu of a hostess gift letting them know that a bag or two of groceries were dropped off in honor of THEIR party.

Let's look for ways to give.  Tis' more blessed, after all!!

Talk to you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment