Saturday, October 22, 2011

YOU'VE GOT MAIL

Is there anything better than getting an email (or better yet a phone call) from one of your kids… or a close friend… for NO OTHER REASON than just to say hi?? See how you are?? “What’s up” is a classic from my two boys that always makes me smile.  How about the simple “hey” text??  I love the open ended feel of it for one simple reason:  IT MAKES ME FEEL LOVED.  Let’s me know the person is thinking of me.  Not necessarily needing something at that moment… just thinking of me.  Checking in.    

I challenge you to make it a point to do the same for your God this week.  Stop in now and then to just say “hi”… or “thanks for that”… tell him when something he created simply makes you chuckle… or whisper a quiet “you’re amazing” when something you see takes your breath away.  I guarantee that you’ll love how it feels. 

There are many forms of worship, aren’t there.  Tomorrow many of us will go to church to worship our God.  What a wonderful opportunity to gather with fellow believers to worship and praise… TOGETHER.  But if you let your worship stop there… you’re missing out on something oh so very precious.   
 
Spend some time with God this week for NO OTHER REASON than who He is.    Because WHO HE IS… is reason enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment