Monday, October 31, 2011

PINK DOORS (... part 1)

I’m drawn to old barns.  To me, they have a beauty about them… a mystique of sorts.  They seem to echo “a life well lived”.
 I wonder what stories are held within their weathered walls.  I can be a bit fussy on what qualifies a “cool old barn” and what doesn’t.   A certain amount of wear and tear is charming; authentic size and shape is important; the setting, color.... ect.  All these things factor into whether or not I see a barn as having “value” or not.  That’s why when the owners of a certain set of barns on the way to our family cottage decided to paint the doors and windows HOT PINK… I was aghast!!

Seriously… who would do such a thing to such a beautiful barn!!  Were they trying to be funny?? PLEASE tell me they were just using up old paint!!!  How could they!!  It didn’t look like all the other barns I loved.  To me, it had lost its value.   

HOLD THAT THOUGHT PLEASE,  because I have a story for you.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment