Wednesday, October 12, 2011

LET'S GO FOR A WALK...

Beauty in Brown Eggs isn’t going to be about “my day”… or “my life” per say, but I feel compelled to share briefly the events of TODAY. 

I’ve been dealing with some chronic pain issues that have been going on for some time now… and getting steadily worse.  A few weird things have happened in recent months that caused my doc to send me to the Mary Free Bed Pain Clinic to get a 2nd opinion on his diagnosis.  And his diagnosis was confirmed: it’s fibromyalgia.  HHHmmmm.  Not a diagnosis I wanted... but certainly could be worse, right??  Not a death sentence… just a life sentence of managing pain.  Incurable… but manageable. There are certainly people everywhere in this world with FAR more debilitating conditions.  I still consider myself blessed with my health.

During the evaluation, one of the 5,000 questions asked of me was if I ever felt hopeless.  I said no.  Later we discussed my sleep issues, and I told them that they’ve gotten significantly better in the past 6 months.  They asked what I attributed that too… and I was honestly able to say that it was the same reason I don’t feel hopeless:  “a more intimate walk with God”. 

One book I’ve read this year that has really helped me key in on what an intimate walk with Christ looks and feels like is “Walking with God” (John Eldredge).  I’d recommend it to anyone interested in developing a more daily type of walk with our Jesus. 

So yes, I was a little weepy for a few minutes when the reality sunk in.  But it was…  different.  I have a peace about me with this.  Somehow I know that God is walking beside me through this.  He walks with me through everything.  It isn’t like in the past where I’d have to dial “911-Jesus” because an emergency had come up and I needed Him once again.  No… this time it’s more like simply turning my head sideways to someone who was there the whole time and saying “Hhhmmm… this kinda sucks.  What do you think??  Where we goin’ now??” 

I have no idea if this is part of some plan God has for my life… or if it’s from the evil one.  But I DO know for certain that God can and WILL use it.  And He’ll use it for good.  Because He IS good.  Time will tell what He has up His sleeve. 

I hope all of you that read this DO also have a daily walk with God.  I’m certainly still in the infant stages yet!!!  But if you don’t, please realize it’s there for the taking.   He’s waiting.   It isn’t just us wanting it with Him either… it’s HIM wanting it with YOU!!!  How amazing is that!!!  Think about it.  The God of this universe wants “in” on YOUR day!!  REALLY??? Yes… really.  

Go for a walk.   Not just today, but everyday.  For the rest of your life.  With God.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment