Monday, February 13, 2012

DECADENCE - cont'd

YUM.....

So there you go... Chocolate Pate' with Raspberries (recipe in prior post).  


While I'm not really "into" Valentine's Day... there are a few ideas I'd like to pass along.   

Tradition is important to me and I started one many moons ago with my boys.  I started giving them one of those HUGE Russell Stover Foil Heart boxes of chocolate when they were in... oh, I'd say middle school.  They are grown now and not at home, but still to this day... they will get a foil shaped heart just "from mom".   I always thought that was more important to me than to them... but one year when I was late in getting it to one of my boys, I got a "where's my heart"?? text.  He thought I had forgotten.  Don't underestimate the value of little traditions... and I encourage you to start some of your own. 

Did you know that dry erase markers work great on mirrors??? How fun to have your kids walk into their bathroom in the morning and see a big heart and message just for them on their mirror.

Nothing says love like chocolate chip pancakes.... yum (are you sensing a chocoholic here??).  I never was very good at "pouring" a heart shape with batter, but putting chocolate chips in the shape of a heart works great.  ESPECIALLY in banana pancakes.

Why not take a minute to go through your contact list on your phone... and send a quick text saying "I love _____ about you" to your closest friends.   Their smile?? Their spirit?? Their heart?? Their friendship??  Whatever... but a fun, low cost, low effort way to celebrate a day set aside for love.

One more idea.  If you made the recipe in the picture above and the prior post... I'd highly suggest you grab a plate and a glass of wine... and dig in.   Right now.  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone....




No comments:

Post a Comment