Monday, April 2, 2012

Taking... and Giving... POSSESSION (Renovation #1)

We recently purchased a new home.  Much to our surprise, it was an existing structure.  Our previous two homes were new builds - starting from the ground up - and that’s what we expected to happen this time as well.  But after searching and praying for a piece of land to build on, God clearly had something different in mind.  HE chose… a renovation.

We had closed on the house some time ago, but it was still occupied.  So when we finally got possession this week, it was a big deal.  FINALLY, we can get into the house freely.  FINALLY, the contractor can begin to tear into it and see what’s behind the walls… what stays; what goes.  FINALLY, we can lay the blueprint out on the counter and dream.    

FINALLY… real work can begin. 

As I pondered this sense of relief at finally taking possession of our new house, it occurred to me that God must feel much the same way about me.  How long have there been barriers to His work in my life?   How long has He been wanting to bust into the walls I'd constructed to reveal what should stay and what needs to go?   How long as He just been itchin’ to show me the blueprint of His dreams for my life?  

FINALLY… He has full possession of me.  

FINALLY… He holds the sole set of keys to my heart.

FINALLY… real work can begin.   

There’s a lot of renovating to be done in this house.  But it has a good solid structure and the setting offers the peace we've been longing for.   I’m ready to dig in.  I'll let you in on a little secret though - I don't think this house is the only thing being renovated.   

Join me on the journey.  A journey of renovation.








No comments:

Post a Comment