Sunday, January 20, 2013

Simple as that


When, then.
When/Then.
When…. Then.

Seems to be the way the entire universe works if you think about it.

When the sun sets… then it gets dark.
When I cut my finger… then it bleeds.
When fall comes… then the leaves turn color.
When I eat too many cookies… then I gain weight.

When… then.

So… if that’s the way everything works, WHY has this one verse in the Bible been haunting me??? 

“WHEN you seek Him with ALL your heart… THEN you will find HIM”.

When… then.

It’s been there all along.  Repeatedly in scripture.  That verse.  The “when, then” effect. 

But I missed it. 
Overlooked the requirement.
Glazed past the promise. 

When… then.

I’ve been a believer all my life.
Professed my faith at the expected age.
Believed my sins were forgiven and I'd spend eternity in heaven.
Sang in the choir.
Led youth group and a few women’s bible studies.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

BUT, did I truly KNOW Him??  If I’m honest with you… no.  Not really.  Not like I do now at least!!  I had settled for less.   

If I wasn’t truly SEEKING Him with ALL my heart, though… why would I have found HIM?? Experienced Him??  Gotten to KNOW Him?? 

Why should I have expected the “then”… if I hadn’t done the “when”??

I’d have no right to.  It was part of the deal.  And I wasn’t living up to my end until now.  But once I did (seek, that is… with ALL MY HEART)…  I found Him.  I found Him as He promised, in new and real ways.  In ways I never knew possible.  And I can tell you that FINDING Him has been the best thing that’s ever happened to me.  You see there’s this whole gap of time that gets overlooked sometimes.  The period between right now, today, your sometimes mundane-sometimes crazy busy life… and that glorious day when we see Him face to face (Hallelujah!!).  There’s the LIFE that He promised you right now.  ABUNDANT LIFE that only comes through knowing Him intimately.

PLEASE ask yourself this:

Are you TRULY seeking Him with ALL your heart?? Or have you settled for less.

Do you recognize His voice in your everyday activities…
Do you find yourself smiling at His humor…
Do you notice the love notes He leaves for you…
Do you sense Him waiting for you at your quiet time spot…
Does HE sometimes feel so close there’s almost a warmth to your skin??

If your answer to ANY of these questions is no, I encourage you… actually, more like plead with you… to ASK HIM FOR MORE.  More of Himself.

And then DO IT!!!

SEEK HIM.    

This time with ALL OF YOUR HEART. 

Make it the top priority of your life… to find LIFE.  The life HE wants to give you.  

Because nothing’s more important, you know. 

Nothing’s more important that finding HIM. 

And He promises you will.

WHEN you truly seek Him. 

When… then. 

Simple as that.

***

(If anyone reading this wants to discuss how to seek Him and get to know Him more intimately, please use the email listed in the contacts section)


No comments:

Post a Comment